Just a couple of short bits of news - The Nik Collection is now free, and Craftsy is currently having a sale on their Photography Courses.
The Nik Collection is an excellent suite of image processing software. It's known particularly for it's innovative control point technology that allows you to easily make selective adjustments to a particular area of an image without any complicated masking. The suite includes:
- Analog Efex Pro
- Easily emulate various films.
- Color Efex Pro
- Adjusting color and contrast, with a variety of presets.
- Silver Efex Pro
- Black and white conversions, again with a variety of presets you can quickly apply or use as a starting point for further tweaking.
- Selective adjustments of color and tonality with Nik's easy to use control point system.
- HDR Efex Pro
- HDR processing software, with various presets covering from natural to grungy.
- Sharpener Pro
- Sharpening tool to help you sharpen fine detail without affecting noise.
- Noise reduction software.
The Nik Collection has won many fans, and was previously sold for $150. A few years ago it was sold for $500. So the new price of free is a great saving. It's certainly worth downloading and at least trying out to see how you like it.
For this weekend only, Craftsy are having a sale on all their courses. If you're looking to improve your photography skills or learn a new technique this is a great chance to save some money. Quite a few of the courses have been discounted down to only $19.99.